Sometimes users of the full and mobile versions of YouTube will encounter an error code 400. There may be several reasons for its occurrence, but most often this problem does not represent anything serious and you can solve it in just a few clicks. Let’s take a closer look at this.
Fixing error code 400 in YouTube on computer
Browsers on a computer do not always work properly, various problems arise due to conflicts with installed extensions, large cache size or cookies. If you get an error code 400 when you try to watch a YouTube video, I recommend using the solutions below.
Method 1: Clearing the browser cache
The browser saves some information from the Internet on the hard drive so as not to load the same data multiple times. This feature helps you work faster in your web browser. However, a large cluster of the files sometimes leads to various problems or slowdowns in browser performance. Error code 400 on YouTube can be caused by just a large number of cache files, so at the first place I recommend cleaning them in your browser. To clear browser cache press CTRL+SHIFT+DELETE on your keyboard and click Clear data (follow the steps from the image).
Method 2: Clearing cookies
Cookies help the site remember some information about you, such as your preferred language. Undoubtedly, this simplifies the work on the Internet, however, such pieces of data can sometimes cause various problems, including errors with code 400 when trying to watch a video on YouTube. Go to your browser settings or use additional software to clear your cookies.
Method 3: Disable extensions
Some plugins installed in the browser “conflict” with various sites and lead to errors. If the previous two methods did not help you, then I recommend paying attention to the included extensions. They don’t need to be deleted, just disable them for a while and check if the error is gone on YouTube. Let’s look at the principle of disabling extensions using the example of the Google Chrome browser:
- Launch your browser and click on the three vertical dots icon to the right of the address bar. Hover your mouse over More Tools.
- From the pop-up menu, find “Extensions” and go to the menu for managing them.
- You will see a list of included plugins. I recommend that you disable all of them for a while and check if the error is gone. Then you can turn on everything until the conflicting plugin is revealed.
Method 4: Disable Safe Mode
Safe Mode in YouTube allows you to restrict access to questionable content and videos in which there is an 18+ restriction.
If error code 400 appears only when you try to watch a specific video, then it is likely that the problem lies precisely in the included safe search. Try to disable it and follow the link to the video again.
Fixing error code 400 in YouTube mobile app
Error code 400 in the YouTube mobile app occurs due to network problems, but this is not always the reason. The application sometimes does not work correctly, which is why all sorts of problems arise. There are three easy ways to fix the problem, if everything is fine with the network. Let’s take a closer look at them.
Method 1: Clearing the Application Cache
Overflowing the cache of the YouTube mobile app can cause various problems, including error code 400. The user will need to clear these files to solve the problem. This is done using the built-in tools of the operating system in just a few simple steps:
- Open “Settings” and go to “Applications”.
- In the “Installed” tab, go down the list and find “YouTube”.
- Tap on it to go to the About Application menu. Here, in the “Cache” section, click the “Clear Cache” button.
Now you just have to restart the application and check if the error is gone. If it is still present, then I recommend using the following method.
Method 2: Update YouTube App
It is possible that the problem that has occurred is only observed in your version of the application, so I recommend that you update to the most current version in order to get rid of it. To do this, you need:
- Launch Google Play Market or AppStore.
- Open the menu and go to the section “My applications and games” (on IOS just go the AppStore and in the search field write Youtube). “Open” button will be visible, if latest version is installed.
- Click “Update” button to install the latest version
Method 3: Reinstalling the app
In the application that you have the current version installed on your device, there is a high-speed Internet connection and the application cache is cleared, but the error still occurs, all that remains is to reinstall. Sometimes problems are really solved in this way, and this is due to resetting all parameters and deleting files when reinstalling. Let’s take a closer look at this process:
- Open “Settings” and go to the “Applications” section.
- Find YouTube in the list and tap on it.
- At the very top, you will see the “Delete” button. Click on it and confirm your actions.
- Now launch the Google Play Market or AppStore, enter “YouTube” in the search box and install the application.
Today we took a closer look at several ways to resolve error code 400 in the full site and YouTube mobile app.
I recommend you not to stop after completing one method if it does not bring results – just try all the other methods listed in this article.