Hello friends, today we will talk about such topic as what it takes to create your own blog?
Surely, if you came to this article, you have a desire to create your own blog / website / online store, or maybe you have already started it and you need some advice or hints.
Creating a blog is not as complicated as it seems, especially nowadays. 15 years ago, in order to create a blog or a website you had to know programming at a good level, now all you need to do is desire but not a good knowledge of HTML and CSS.
I will not keep you long and let’s get down to business.
There are several proven ways to create your blog. The very first thing that comes to mind is to use the website constructors. There are many of them and many of them provide good functionality.
Let’s ruminate some of them.
Wix was launched in 2006 in Israel, currently amount of employees is 1800.
Wix is a very flexible and reliable system, with which you can build a website in just a few minutes. It is true, just a few minutes and everything is ready. To get started with WIX, you need to start by clicking on the link wix.com. WIX is probably the best solution on the market at the moment. When you register, you need to select for what purpose you create a website or blog, and then the WIX will do everything for you with the built-in wizard.
On the home page you will see a list of templates, broken down into categories. The other option is to choose a blank template and make the site from scratch, completely to your liking. If your creativity is not really well developed and you don’t have a designer taste, then I advise you to use the ready-made templates. For each template, you can make a preview and see it in action, how he’ll look alive. Then go to the template settings and start making the website. You have a choice of widgets with which you can create menu, pages, change website styles, add various buttons and much more. Listing everything WIX can offer makes no sense, it’s easier to go in and see for yourself. WIX has over 100 million users, which makes this website builder the largest on the market.
Once you have finished editing your website, it is time to publish it. There are 2 options, the first one is to use the domain name of the Wix, then the link to your site will look like this your_username.wixsite.com\your_name or use your domain name, which you can buy at a good price here domain.com.
The second option is more preferable and solid, the link to your site will be like yourdomain.com. Then you click on a publish button and that’s it – your website is ready!
- Versatility – on Wix you can create a business card, blog, online store, etc.
- Simple visual editor. All elements are easily added, edited and deleted.
- Optimization for mobile devices. Templates look equally good on different platforms.
Another famous website builder is the Webador. Of course, a Webador is not as big as a WIX, but anyway on this platform more than 750,000 sites were created, which is a lot. The interface is quite simple, first you need to register using this LINK, then you will be redirected to the main page of the template.
You can add Title, Page Text, Pictures, Various Forms, Buttons, Tables and so on. The list is very long, but I am sure you will find everything you need. In the right corner you will see the Publish button by clicking on for which you will have two options (as in the case of the WIX) to use the domain name of the platform or to park your domain, you can buy here domain.com. Of course, I recommend the second option, it is more preferable.
Screen of two options
- Easy to use and setup
- Simple to produce the basic website
- No hosting cost
- Free email
- Marketing tools
The next platform offering to create a website online is webflow.com, which was launched in 2013 in San-Francisco, CA. Register, fill out the form (registration is only 2 clicks), then you need to enter your name. Choose roles, for whom this website will be, a website type, wait a few seconds, and we’re done. The next step is to choose your website design. Webflow offers many good color options. Once you customize your website, you will be taken to the main page with the settings. A huge number of settings, including a variety of serial settings, navigation, pages, styles, as well as the ability to add your shopping cart and make an online store. And it’s just a couple of clicks, isn’t it a miracle? 🙂
When publishing a domain, you can also use the domain name of the platform, or attach your domain name, you can buy it for a very affordable price here domain.com.
- A real-time professional web design tool that easily generates clean, exported code for both the full- screen and mobile versions of the website.
- You can design your website based on any of dozens of free and premium templates or from scratch.
- Advanced CSS and JS management, allowing you to control in detail the styles and animations of both individual elements and the entire website.
- Quick and easy deployment in a staging environment and/or on your domain directly from Webflow Designer
Next on our list is https://carrd.co/ – not yet a well known website builder, but I liked it for its simplicity. After registering you need to Create a new website and choose a template for it. Throw on necessary elements on the page, add the right text and you can save the website by adding a title and desktop (this is mandatory, as it directly affects the promotion of your website in search engines). When you finish filling your website, you can publish it. Again, there are two options, use the website builder domain or attach your own. If you decide to attach yours, I advise you to buy a domain here – domain.com (best prices and proven quality).
- Very convenient and easy to use
- Extremely cheap updates
- Responsive patterns to choose from
is an increasingly popular website builder that has won the hearts of many people with its simplicity and great functionality. Weebly was founded in 2007.
Link for registration here. After filling out the registration form you will be offered to choose whether you want to create an ordinary website or an online store (screenshot). Choose the option that suits you, after which you will be given a huge choice of templates for every taste and color broken down into different categories. After selecting the template, you will be presented with a preview so that you can evaluate what the website will look like for the end user. If you are satisfied with everything and you don’t want to change the template, click on the Edit button in the upper right corner and you will be taken to the website settings page. It looks like this (screenshot). On the left you will have available items that you can place on the page such as pictures, buttons, slideshows and stuff. The site can be viewed both on the desktop version (i.e. how the website looks on your computer) and the mobile version. If everything suits you and you are ready to publish the website for visitors, click the Publish button. As usually, you will be given 2 options, either to use a domain from a website or replace it with your own domain, which you can buy here at a good price (personally I use these domain registrars for my websites).
- Attractive templates for a personal website, blog or store.
- The ability to add your own design in the form of code, insert HTML code into the body of the page.
- Manage the website from a mobile device through an application that can be downloaded for free on the AppStore or Google Play.
If previous website builders were more focused on creating blogs or websites, then our next platform Shopify is more focused on creating online stores. Shopify was founded in 2004, with a total of 1900 employees To sign up, follow the link (link), enter your e-mail, password, and your store name. 5 seconds and … your shop is ready, magic, isn’t it? Next, follow the steps, choose a category, fill in the address form and go to the main page.
It looks like this (screen). On the left side of the menu you can see your orders, the list of products you put on the website, user data of your shop, analytics, e.g. how many visitors there were, sales, etc.
You can use both your domain (you can buy it here) and Shopify domain. I’d recommend using your own domain if you really want to seriously develop your online store.
- Very easy to use
- Free trial version for 24 days
- You can sell anything you want
- Large varity of shop designs
- Your shop will have iOS and Android apps
Zyro.com is another representative of the modern website builder, founded just recently in 2019 with headquarters in Kaunas (Lithuania). Zyro allows you to quickly create an action site with a drag and drop, which makes it very easy to create one. Zyro offers a huge number of templates, which can be viewed as a preview with one click. The templates are also customized for the mobile version. It’s also possible to build an online store, but I’d recommend using special platforms such as Shopify for such purposes.
- Sets of ready-made templates
- No coding needed
- High speed development
- Regular updates
Squarespace is another builder website launched in 2004. The company employs almost 800 people. Its headquarters are in New York City. The company grows every year and takes its place tightly in the market of website builders. Squarespace offers to create a blog, online store, various analytics, domain transfer, etc.
- 14 days trial version of all designer features.
- Active English community on the official forum.
- High-quality technical support service via email and chat.
- Beautiful and free templates for different business fields that look great on mobile devices.
- Free domain with annual rate purchase.
- Buying a domain through Squarespace or transferring an existing domain.
- Free 2048-bit SSL certificate for WHOIS domain and privacy.
- A large number of different integrations with other services.
- API and documentation for developers.
- The site is backed up on backup servers. If the main system fails, it will switch to these others in order to restore the service almost instantly.
- When deleting pages of the website, they can be restored from a special basket within 30 days.
Site123 allows you to create your own website in just 3 steps. Site123 provides ready-made styles and templates for your convenience. No web design or programming, so you do not need to have any skills. Any confident computer user can create a website on Site123. After clicking the Publish button, you can choose a domain for your site or use the built-in builder domain. But I would advise you to always purchase your own domain. First, it looks more solid, secondly, no one can ever take it away from you.
- Allows you to quickly get an attractive and functional website.
- It is great for solving commercial problems: selling goods or services, presenting a company or a specialist.
- Easy to create an unusual website for a business, portfolio or individual project. The presented customization tools on the one hand provide good output quality, and on the other hand do not bind the hands very much.