How to write a resume so you can be hired as a QA Engineer? Many people don’t understand, but very often an incorrectly composed resume will immediately push the employer away and make you lose the chance to get a job. Many people hire professionals who, for a small amount of money, make up a competent resume for the job seeker.
Today I would like to give you some quick tips on how to write a correct resume for a QA Engineer, as well as I will also advise a few companies that will make a resume for you for a small amount of money. Personally, I would advise you to pay them and to be sure that your resume is composed correctly. I used the services of such companies in the past, and the result was good, I found a job much faster after that. That was about five years ago.
General tips. To write a good resume, you will need to focus on the main facts of your professional background. So your professional card should look like this:
1. Position you are looking for
2. Contact information
3. Experience of work
5. Professional skills
7. Additional information
1. Indicate the positionIf you don’t know how to write a resume, be sure to indicate the position you’re applying for. It’s the name of the resume. It’s the most important part of your CV. The more specific, the better, for example: “QA Engineer”, “Test Engineer”, “Software Tester”.
2. Add contact detailsIntroduce yourself and write down your phone number. You shouldn’t give your residence address, as it is unlikely that your employer will write you a letter. But you must write your email address. It also does not hurt to specify the city of your residence or the city to which you are ready to move (if you are ready to relocate). Write here how much you want to earn. Do I need to insert a photo? In general, it is not necessary, but it is desirable. Would you like to see your future colleague or subordinate? Your appearance can tell a lot about you. So don’t be shy, choose a good photo and use it boldly in your resume.
3. Describe your work experienceDescribe your work experience in as much detail as possible. Start at the last job and finish at the first. If you have had to work in a different occupation than the one you are applying for, this information can be omitted.
4. Don’t forget about your educationNow the education. First write about higher education or secondary special education. It is worth doing this at least because it will help your future employer to understand that you can finish the project. You have had the courage, patience and ability to graduate 🙂 But, of course, it will also allow you to learn about you as a specialist, to understand what knowledge you can possess.
Do not forget about additional courses, training, seminars that you attended in your specialty. Show that you are not standing still and are constantly improving.
5. Specify professional skillsA very important part of your CV is professional skills. This part can be an answer to the question “how to make your resume even more attractive?”. Let the recruiter know what you can do, what programs and tools you know and so on. But just do not get carried away. If you don’t know what to write then better skip it. So that there are no platitudes and repetitions in it. And do not cheat off your competitors, write about what you can do! 🙂
The more languages you know, the better. Don’t be modest, write what you know. What if your future employer needs a software-tester polyglot? :))
6. Add RecommendationsIt is possible to add contact details of those who can recommend you as a specialist. That is a great idea! The more references you have, the better.
7. Fill in additional informationWell, and, of course, a few words about yourself. Leave personal characteristics such as communication, responsibility, accuracy, punctuality etc to competitors. Use an original characteristic that really meets your inner world.
When the resume is already written
Before you post your resume, check it for grammatical and lexical mistakes. Ask one of your friends to read your resume before submitting it, or use online spell-checker services; the whole resume should have the same narrative style, the same applies to abbreviations – if you used abbreviations somewhere, use them all over the text (although it is better to reject abbreviations and write titles in full); the format of your resume should be the same. The resume’s format should be readable (large fields, not a small font, but also not too large font, sufficient distance between lines, etc.);
For the printed version, use white paper of good quality; the resume should fit on one, maximum two pages.
If necessary, you should be able to confirm all the information included in your resume.
Resume should be in PDF format, forget about Microsoft Word document, it is not used nowadays.
Now let’s speak about the companies that can help you to compose a correct resume.
The company has been on the market for more than 20 years and provides services for the compose of resumes. The company has a lot of positive reviews and it is clear that they value their reputation. In addition to these services, they offer a number of services that will also help you in your job search, such as:- career coaching service- cover letter writing service- LinkedIn profile writing service- interview coaching serviceetc
I advise you to get acquainted with this service
The company offers one price package for only $8 per month. This package includes:
30+ resume templates
20+ cover letter templates
One-click personal websites
Unlimited entries & categories
Full customization and icons
1 million combinations
Unlimited number of resumes
Unlimited number of cover letters
20 000+ pre-written phrases
Real resume examples
Email & Live chat support
Novoresume is one of the best websites for creating a resume. After creating an account, you can choose one of several elegant templates.
You will need to manually enter your information into the template, but the Novoresume form to be filled out for each section makes it easy. Novoresume also gives you the possibility to save any entered information on My Content tab, so you can easily copy and paste it into other templates.
For a one-time payment of $16 you can unlock the premium version of Novoresume for one month. This gives you access to professional video tutorials, specialized sections, full font library and custom layouts. You can also use the Premium version to create a cover letter for your resume.
You do not need to upgrade to the Premium version to get a stylish collection of templates and fonts. Until you choose the Premium elements, you can download your resume in PDF format for free. Novoresume also gives you useful suggestions and corrections that you can view when creating your resume.